WORK AT HOME
What is the Home Team Advantage?
In team sports, the term home advantage describes the psychological advantage that the home team is said to have over the visiting team as a result of playing in familiar facilities and in front of supportive fans.
Concentrix takes the home team advantage to the business field. The work at home (WAH) industry is booming—and rapidly changing the business world as we know it. Concentrix intends to lead the pack in the WAH world.
We’ve done our research and have extensive experience in the WAH industry, with over 8 programs and five clients actively engaged in WAH models around the world. Our increasing transition to WAH models, along with an analysis of common market dynamics has convinced us that the work at home platform provides the greatest variety of talent, flexibility with solutions and cost-efficiency for business services providers, both domestically and internationally.
Concentrix has been leveraging work-at-home agents to increase quality and lower costs since 2004. Team members who bring decades of remote worker contact center expertise and value to your program are leading the solution. In addition, our hiring model spans the continental US, Canada and Europe and specifically targets those with work-at-home experience and aptitude. Our solution combines the best in class thinking and leadership that is the Concentrix standard, with an operational and technology approach created from an experienced pool of leaders and expertise.
Is Work At Home Right For You?
Skills that would make you successful in the work at home environment:
- Organized – Able to prioritize and self-manage, set goals and reach them.
- Independent – Self-sufficient, able to work without constant feedback from your boss, co-workers or clients.
- Disciplined – The motivation to complete jobs with little direction.
- Effective at Communicating – Work At Home positions rely on email, chat and phone. Good writing skills, response time to emails and phone presence is key!
- Personable – Outgoing personality and networking skills. Keeping coworkers in the loop with friendly emails or chats.
- Focused – Not easily distracted. Good time management is important.
How to Apply
- Click the APPLY NOW button above to the right.
- Select the Work at Home position you are interested in for the complete job description, requirements and an opportunity to apply.
First time to Apply with Concentrix – Well, If you’ve never applied for a job with Concentrix, read through the Privacy Agreement and select ‘I accept.’
- Click on ‘New User’ to set up your account. If you’ve never applied for a job with Concentrix, then it’s most likely that you don’t have an application profile with us. Follow the steps in “New User” to select a username and password, upload a résumé and give us your essential information.
Log in – If you’ve ever applied with Concentrix before, you should already have an application profile with us. If you have forgotten your Username and/or your Password please follow the instructions on the Log In screen.
A: All applications are to be completed online at http://www.careers.concentrix.com
A: We are hiring for the Product Support Advisor position. Advisors will be responsible for handling inbound customer service and troubleshooting calls in a distraction free environment.
A: No, there is no fee.
A: All interviews are done remotely. For some of our programs that may require Skype or Face Time interviews. Others, only the phone interview.
A. We hire in 47 of the 50 states. We don’t hire in California, Vermont, and Alaska.
A: All of our representatives are employees. As an employee, you do not incur any costly and extensive obligations that are required of an independent contractor, including filing as an S Corp or LLC, filing quarterly tax returns, being responsible for all FICA and Social Security payments, and maintaining ongoing legal and accounting records. Most importantly, our representatives are an integral part of our team and our culture—a status that can only truly be achieved as an employee.
A: Yes. Many of our representatives have moved into other positions with Concentrix, including promotion to Team Leaders.
A: Expect 7 – 10 days to review the application
A: Some of our Clients require use of a webcam during training, nesting, coaching and throughout your production schedule. Webcams are used as an engagement tool with Team Leads, Co-Workers, and Clients.
A: While our pay rates vary based on the skill sets needed for each of our clients and their programs, the pay rate will be $10.25 per hour. The rate of pay is also determined by geographic location, ensuring we are competitive in the marketplace.
A: By the hour. We pay all employees for the hours they work. As an employee, you’ll always know what you are paid. Unlike an independent contractor, you do not have to juggle multiple lines of business to make the “typical” rate.
A: We pay every two weeks.
A: We have two pay options for our Work at Home employees. We pay via direct deposit into their bank accounts or via payment directly to a paycard.
Nature of Work
A: You will be answering telephone calls from the customers of our clients. Customers call us for technical-support guidance. We respond to any inquiries from our customers.
A: Yes – all of our programs involve quality assurance testing with performance evaluations and feedback to the representatives.
A: We do not do any outbound telemarketing.
A: Concentrix determines the best fit—of personality and other characteristics—for representatives based on the requirements of a given client, then we screen applicants based upon those requirements. If you are a match for more than one of the clients for whom we are hiring, we may ask you to select your preference.
A: Even though you will be working from the comfort and quiet of your home, you will have the support of your program team. We always have team leaders, coaches or support representatives—all with expertise in your program—available to you in secure chat rooms, as well as by phone.
A: Performance goals are determined in accordance with our clients’ needs. In order to operate as efficiently as possible for our clients, you will receive calls in a fairly steady stream during each work shift. The ability to handle those calls with the appropriate balance of good customer service and efficient resolution will be one of the things we will train you to do well.
A: You will be connected to our telephone system during the entire period of each work shift, resulting in the inability to take personal calls during your shift.
Home Office Requirements
A: We require that the phone you use be a regular, corded phone, with a corded headset. In order to maximize security and sound quality, Representatives may not use cell phones, cordless phones, or VoIP phones to connect with our systems.
A: We are very excited about the potential of IP telephony, and use it extensively within our protected and controlled internal network. However, due to security and sound quality issues, our representatives may not use IP phones to connect with our systems at this time. We will continue to explore this option for future implementation.
A: There are no other requirements for your home set-up.
Only that you have:
- Broadband Internet Access (No Satellite)
- High-Speed DSL
- Basic Landline Phone Service
- No VoIP like Vonage, Skype or Magic Jack
- Corded Telephone & Corded Headset
- Must have Mute/Hold Button
- Noise Cancelling Microphone
- Distraction Free Work Environment throughout your entire work shift
- A secure work space to maintain Corporate Privacy requirements
A: We do not specify any particular ISP or carrier. We do require that the ISP provides consistent “Up” speeds and that you have an unlimited use package. All connections from the ISP to your home and within your home to your computer must be through a wired connection. Satellite broadband services and wireless routers do not meet our requirements. Speeds should be at least 5.0 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.
A: We are not able to provide tax advice. Please contact a professional tax advisor for the answer to the question.
A: You are not required to have the equipment in place until you are selected and offered a position. All of the equipment would need to be in place before you could begin any training.
A: For some of our clients yes. This will be discussed during the process.
A: No, you are required to have an acceptable headset for work. You will need to have access to a headset that meets these requirements before you start training.
Minimum acceptable specifications include:
- The headset must be comfortable.
- The headset must be hands-free.
- The headset must be corded. All cordless headsets are unacceptable.
- Corded headsets attached to cordless phones are also unacceptable.
- The headset must contain a “noise cancelling” microphone.
- The headset must contain a mute/hold button
- The headset must contain an amplifier
A: Training takes place in centralized locations in a classroom setting. If you are not located by one of our locations, then you would be doing Virtual training.
A: Unlike the independent contractor model, you do not pay for training. Instead Concentrix will pay YOU to go through training!
A: Training varies by client, but is typically up to 16 days of training followed by 4 weeks of nesting.
A: Even as careful as we are in selecting the “best of the best,” we do sometimes have representatives who find that they are not able to successfully complete our training classes. It isn’t that the training is particularly difficult, but not all people are cut out for all types of work. Employees do need to pass the evaluations in training to move forward into the production environment.
A: Class offerings vary by client and by the number of representatives we are training at any given time. Typically we offer several sessions of training, however training schedules are fixed and 100% attendance is required.
A: You will be tested at various points of your training to ensure your ultimate success once you begin taking calls.
A: Schedules are agreed upon at the time of hire. Once this schedule is agreed upon, the expectation is that you will work the agreed upon hours.
A: Maximum of 40 hours per week.
A: Concentrix employs both full-time and part-time representatives. Operating hours for each Client is different, generally the hours fall between 5:00am – 11:00pm.
A: Work schedules are built around incoming call volume and staffing forecasting. Therefore it is important that representatives work their assigned shift. In the event you need a different schedule on a certain day, or find you need to request a different shift overall, there are processes set up to request such changes. As with most companies, time-off requests are made on a case-by-case basis.
A: Yes, we have shifts at all hours because we operate 24/7. However, based on our call volume, some shifts may not require additional staffing. Our busiest times are in the evening and weekends. All Concentrix hire shifts are during that time frame.
Virtual Career Fairs
For more information please contact us
How do I know Concentrix is a legitimate Work at Home company?
Let’s start by saying: “ Good for you for asking the question.” It is unfortunate that there are work at home scams and “too good to be true” sales pitches out there. You should be doing your own due diligence. As you go thru our process, we are assessing if you are a good fit for our company, and we expect you to do the same.
Here are a few tips and promises from Concentrix:
- We will never ask you for money. Not for equipment, not for background checks. We will not ask you to send us money.
- We will never ask you for confidential information (such as social security number, birthdate, bank account information, etc.) until the offer stage. We will ask you to provide documentation that you are who you say you are, but not until we have extended an offer and both parties are comfortable with moving forward.
- We have a process in place. Our Recruiting staff will guide you through each step.
- Ensure you respond to verified @concentrix.com email addresses. Look at the email address carefully. Some scam emails will look like they come from our company, for example, the scammer’s email address could be email@example.com, which at first glance appears to be a legitimate @concentrix.com email address.
- We offer the live chat room (visible on this page during business hours) so you can speak with a Concentrix employee. Ask us about our experiences with Concentrix.
- Any questions or doubts, contact us using the contact information listed on our website.